i'm sinned. i think i just 'murdered' someone, like someone from singnet. it all happened when my internet connection just died on us so my father had me call up the singnet people to solve the problem. in fact, i just got off the phone the the stranger after spending like 35 minutes when she explained step-by-step what i was to do. i think my severe lack of computer knowledge just caused her to vomit blood. heh heh. it's amazing how after those tedious 35 minutes, she still said, 'thank you for calling singnet'. read between the lines, 'DON'T EVER CALL BACK'. but i guess she was just too polite to say that. well, who can complain about customer's service? and anw, thanks stranger! too bad i forgot to ask your name. if not i'll recommend you for whatever customer's service awards the company was offering. ya ya. i'm making too much a deal out of this. but hey, if she can help a computer idiot like me get back my connection, dude, she must be practicing black magic. heh heh.
'Sleeping freshmen never lie' by David Lubar. just finished this book. can say that's it's darn interesting. i'm really amazed how everything ended. in the end, the senior (bully) ,who keeps extorting the 'I' of his lunch money, ended up being friends with 'I' and even turns preety nice. and 'I' eventually ended up dating the emo 'freaky bitch' instead of his kindergarden (or middle school) classmate, who turned gorgeous for high school. and i think i just gained some new understanding about the English language upon reading this book cos' 'I' happen to be in honors English class and his command of English is very good. i even learned a bit from the book. the words that stayed with me are 'Penultimate' and 'Perambulate'. cheem enough?
anyone read 'Tom Swift' before? according to this book, it's 'one of the most popular series from long ago'. this Tom character even had a trademark way of speaking. His trademark is that this Tom character 'never just said anything'. He would 'exclaim surprisedly' or 'shout vigorously'. because of this trademark, it became a 'word game'. here's some of them:
"I'd like a hot dog," Tom said frankly.
"Stop this horse," Tom said haltingly.
"I'don't know the words to this song," Tom said humbly.
"They're building new apartments down the road," Tom said constructively.
"I refuse to read Shakespeare," Tom said unwillingly.
(adapted from 'Sleeping freshmen never lie' by David Lubar)
get the game? i did not get the last one. speaks a thousand words about my English. Perhaps instead of upgrading my cupboard, i should upgrade my English. oh ya, did i mention i found this book in the young people's fiction corner?
10:14 AM